This position is primarily responsible for providing customer service support to the company by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of claim information and answering inbound calls from customers, agents, and funeral homes. This position is also responsible for initiating and/or resolving claim and product concerns as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction are maintained by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Effectively manage large amount of incoming calls.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication. Documentation of file notes in the computer system.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right method/tools.
- Examine a claim to determine if coverage is available, if the correct person is being paid and the right amount of money is being paid.
- Comply with the state laws, policy contract and company procedures.
- Prepare and print drafts for payment. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Liaison between the company and funeral funding companies.
- Become familiar with each policy contract to determine how a claim should be paid.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Two year experience adjudicating Life, Health and Death Claims is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 1 – 3 years’ of relevant work experience
- Excellent phone etiquette and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize, take initiative, problem solve and prioritize work
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office (Excel, Word)
- Appropriate home office workspace and internet access
- Work from Home Position with possible onsite training & meetings
- Monday –Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm & Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
$25,480 – $32,760
Send resume to: HR@ncmutuallife.com – Amaris Duran – 919 313-7867
North Carolina Mutual Life Insurance Company
411 West Chapel Hill Street
Durham, North Carolina 27701